Thursday, March 10, 2011

Starting small...

Well, no... really I'm starting big and want to get small. But I will take small steps.

Today: 11 minutes/2 miles on my new second-hand-exercise-bike-with-arm-thingers-on-it (henceforth to be referred to as SHEBWATOI). Um, I also helped carry the damned heavy thing from the SUV of the woman who sold it to me and was kind enough to transport it. So that's like some lifting and stuff, too - right?

My commitment is to start with at least 3 days a week, at least 10 minutes/2 miles each time. I know it's a wussy beginning, but I will work up from there. I'd like to get into good enough shape to think buying a real bike is a good idea, and that a hash trail laid by Hand Solo is endurable.

Update on the reading challenge: Counting just the completed books, I am 16% of the way to my goal. The year is about 19% complete. I have to step it up. Perdido Street Station is seriously just CRAWLING. I don't know why everyone raves about it. I mean, it's a good book, just not as enthralling as everyone made it out to be. I'm 90% done with that, so I think a couple of big pushes should do it finally. I think I'll probably read something smutty next, just to burn through something fast.

I've been accused of cheating since several of the books I've "read" have been audiobooks. I still maintain that since they are read aloud word for word and are not adapted or interpreted, they still count. So, nyah.

0 Comments:


Post a Comment

<< Home