Monday, January 03, 2005

Grinch karma

Picture it - Christmas 2004. I'm full of jolly feelings and holiday cheer. I decide that the secret santa pool at work isn't enough, and decide also to join in the reindeer games at ThinkBlank. Basically, the idea is that you set up an Amazon Wishlist, and then you sign up and get put into the drawing. Then when everyone's assigned, you buy your person a $15-ish gift from his or her wishlist, and Amazon hides the address from you but mails the goodies.

Well, I got screwed. I had a feeling it would happen, and I was prepared for it, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to bitch about it.

I sent a reminder email when the reveal was done on Christmas, and received no response. Today, I sent the following, with a cc to the ThinkBlank people:

Stephanie Grinch,

Hi. I was the person that you drew for Secret Santa. I'm also the
person who sent you the email quoted below, over a week ago. I'm also the person to whom you did not send a present. I'm also the person to whom you did not have the courtesy to send a reply email.

I double-checked my amazon list to see if something was purchased, just in case you were running behind. I double-checked my spam mailbox, just to make sure I didn't filter out a reply from you. Guess what! This is just a case of you completely ignoring me, along with the fact that you reneged on a promise.

It's all good. What goes around, comes around. I suggest walking wide of large puddles, cause instant karma's gonna get you.

With all sincerity,

Jessica

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 09:32:10 -0600, Jessica wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was the person you drew for secret santa from the thinkblank site. I
> haven't received anything yet. Is there a problem of some sort?
>
> Jessica


I wonder what will happen. I do so love conflict. This may be a present all by itself!



0 Comments:


Post a Comment

<< Home