Friday, March 18, 2011

Back in the saddle

Today is the first day I felt good since coming down with the flu Sunday night. I forced myself to work out. My lungs are still achy from coughing so I told myself that if I couldn't do my promised 2 miles/10 minutes, that would be okay. I pushed myself and did 2.1 miles/10:30. Baby steps. I'll build up some more as I go along.

Bookwise, I am am 20% complete with my challenge. The year is 21% complete. I'm much of the way through one audiobook and one Kindle book though, so I'm more or less on target. I'd still like to get a lead though. I started to read a book and found I really couldn't stand it. I was only 7% of the way through it when I pitched it, but I still lament wasted time.

My cat chewed through my earphones this morning while I was in the shower. I told him how betrayed I felt that he presented such a setback to my challenge. He looked remorseful for a moment, but it could just as easily have been about some other yet-undiscovered crime. Or it could have been gas. I replaced the earphones today. I got to Best Buy 3 minutes before closing. Win!

2 Comments:


Have you read "Room"? It's pretty awesome.

 
posted by Blogger Alfalfa @ 3/21/2011 8:13 AM

It's queued. I have it in audiobook format.

I have a big driving trip coming up in a few months, and I'll probably be done with the Dresden Files by then, and I wanted to make sure I still have interesting stuff to keep me awake, so I found a few of the books people have highly recommended in that format.

 
posted by Blogger Jess @ 3/21/2011 8:46 AM

Post a Comment

<< Home