Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Product Review: teese soy cheese


I hate being lactose intolerant. Most of the dairy substitute products I've tried lately add insult to injury.

The other day, I tried soy "cheese". The one I tried is called teese. It tastes like dismay.

Imagine a product that consists of plastic and lipstick, blended smoothly and formed into something that looks like fresh mozzarella from a distance, but feels like slightly less jiggly jello. You'd have teese.

My taste buds still need a shower.


Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:


A friend of mine recently posted a recipe for a fake-out cheese sauce that was based on potatoes, cashews, olive oil, and nutmeg - I probably wouldn't bother (I do fine with cheese), but I generally trust her judgement on things food-related. (She has many sensitivities, and more in her household, so has had to experiment a LOT.)

Recipe here:

http://vegancooking.livejournal.com/3428512.html

 
posted by Blogger Erica Tesla @ 6/19/2012 8:49 PM

Thanks for the recipe. It's becoming apparent that lactose intolerance leads to DIY. I haven't made the leap yet, but I've been given tips by a few folks now.

 
posted by Blogger Jess @ 6/20/2012 9:19 AM

Post a Comment

<< Home