Saturday, June 17, 2006

Weight loss update

I've made two changes to the weight loss ticker at the top of this page. First, I decided to count the 10 lbs I lost prior to the surgery, since it actually was part of the weight loss endeavor (a tougher part than much of the rest, even). Second, I lowered my goal weight by a few pounds. Now the amount to be lost is not that nice round 150lbs that it was before, but it's also a more accurate reflection of where I want to be when all is said and done.

Michael and I had made a deal to start doing crunches last week, but then I got pleurisy, and I'm supposed to avoid anything that can strain my lungs, including lifting and any other exertion. Crunches are right out. When I can sneeze without crying out in pain, I'll start exercising again. I'm really gung-ho to start with the crunches, because I'm seeing the effects of the weight loss, and the smaller size of jeans make my ass look awesome. However, they make my love handles and tummy flab more noticeable, so that stuff has to go.

Also, I've had some unexplained lower back pain lately, and crunches will help prevent reinjury to my back. It's something I should have been doing all along as long-term physical therapy.

In other news, I found an old t-shirt of mine that fits(pictured above) which brought back a wave of nostalgia. I also bought a few wigs. I'm having fun with life, and pleurisy and digestive issues notwithstanding, I am very happy to be living it.

2 Comments:


so glad to read that you're doing well, lady. i think of you often and i'm happy you're updating your blog again (:

 
posted by Blogger kate p. @ 6/20/2006 5:00 PM

Thank you both! I appreciate the cheerleading.

 
posted by Blogger Jess @ 6/21/2006 6:58 AM

Post a Comment

<< Home