Friday, February 04, 2005

Crafty

I'm addicted to Hobby Lobby, Michaels, and any other crafts stores I can find. I walk in there for one item, and walk out with a whole bunch of supplies to begin a whole new hobby that has absolutely no practical application in my life.

I went in to one of the stores today to look for magnetic backing so I can put a bumper sticker temporarily on my car. I ended up standing in another aisle, drooling over these little machines that take these cookie cutter-like inserts (sold separately) so you can make cut-outs in cool shapes. I found myself coveting them. Now, what could I actually, practically use this for? I could cut shapes... out of paper! ... and felt! ... and magnetic backing! ...and other stuff! It doesn't matter that none of this is practical and worth spending over $100 in supplies. I want it!

I managed not to buy it... but I feel all the craft-loving molecules in my bloodstream drifting to the northwest side of my body, toward Michaels.

0 Comments:


Post a Comment

<< Home