Monday, June 27, 2005

Proffreedimication part 2

I made some passing comment about how I'd blown it, and I was immediately told by about 5 different people that I was being silly and that it wasn't that big a deal. Also, I was only one of several people who looked at the page after the problem occurred, so it doesn't all rest on me.

I feel better. I still would have preferred to have left my temp assignment with them believing me the best thing since sliced bread, but I think I'm still appreciated. Hopefully when I am done recovering from my surgery, I will still have a pretty good chance of getting a permanent placement here.

Speaking of my surgery, I finally remembered to call and see if I can have some of my own blood drawn in case I need a transfusion during surgery. I was directed to call the blood bank, at which point I was directed back to my doctor to have an order written. I spoke with Jill in the bariatric surgery department, and she is going to get it all arranged for me and call me back.

The person at the blood bank told me they generally draw about 2-3 units for that type of procedure. That's a lot of blood, isn't it? Maybe that would be a viable weight loss option. Just keep taking blood away from me.

2 Comments:


I've heard that's popular with celebrities these days.

 
posted by Blogger The Little (Knitting) Hedgehog @ 6/27/2005 10:29 PM

Well then, it must be a good idea! Sign me up!

 
posted by Blogger Jess @ 6/28/2005 7:52 AM

Post a Comment

<< Home