Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Earwiggin'

My left ear is still all stuffed up. It's driving me absolutely insane.

Whenever I have a tickle in my ear, or any aural discomfort, I can't help but think of the movie Brokedown Palace. The character in question is in a Thai prison, and a bug crawls into her ear. Since I am severely phobic about bugs, this is very disturbing thinking and exacerbates the discomfort quite a bit. It's even worse because I found 2 centipedes in my bedroom right at the head of my bed a couple of weeks ago. My husband dutifully dispatched them, and allowed me to do a thorough check of the whole room, all the bedding, and my CPAP machine (can you imagine how much it would have sucked [blown?] if one had been lurking in my CPAP tubing? Crikey! It gives me the shakes just considering it!) before we turned out the light, but now I keep thinking back to those crawly bastards.

My rational mind knows that there is not a colony of centipedes living in my ear. Dr. Parker would have seen them when he looked in my ears last Thursday, and I'd have considerably more discomfort. However, maybe it's just possible that the centipedes are burrowing into the part of my brain that houses the rational mind. Maybe it's incredibly rational, but the pressure of the egg sacs makes me think it's irrational!

Feh. Fine. I know better. But this clogged ear is still driving me buggy.

0 Comments:


Post a Comment

<< Home