Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Gooftacular

My supervisor came to me with another error I made. It was a different page with a different item, but it was the same type of goof I made before. I sat there, numbly wondering how I could goof again (on the same issue!) so soon after being told about my other goof. I apologized and promised to be more careful. My supervisor walked away and I continued with my work, all the while chewing and rechewing over the question of how I could have blown it again.

A thought occurred to me. I went to my supervisor and asked what date I had made the second mistake. It turns out that it was on the same day as the other one. Whew. I still feel dumb for making the mistake in the first place, but at least it wasn't after the problem was pointed out to me.

Update on my illness: My tonsils are not quite as huge today (possibly due to the drinking of hot tea and then mass quantities of ice water) but my sinuses are draining some scary looking crud. (Yeah, I'm one of those people who checks out what the stuff looks like. I'm keeping tabs on what my body's producing. I'm like a very responsible factory foreman.) It's got texture and various colors, and even some blood. I'm seriously scared of it. It looks like it could sprout legs and come and get me. And it breeds in my sinuses!

Update on caffeine: I have been a perfect angel about giving up caffeine. There is a bottle of diet Pepsi that we got without warning with food delivery like 2 months ago, and I have not even so much as cracked the cap. Today, however... well, I forgot to bring herbal tea bags with me, and I wanted a hot drink to soothe my throat. I allowed myself some tea, but only kept the tea bag in it for as long as it took to fill the cup with hot water and walk to the trash can. It tasted glorious.

0 Comments:


Post a Comment

<< Home