Tuesday, June 27, 2006

It's phlegm! Hooray, phlegm!

On Saturday, we went to Shakespeare on the Green to see Taming of the Shrew. The two-minute pre-show improv thinger had just begun when the skies opened up and the rain poured out. Lightning was evident, and the show stopped immediately so the tech people could get out of the metal towers.

Nate, Michael, Sam, Erica, and I clamored around, gathering up the chairs, blankets, picnic gear, etc. Nate was pulling a little red wagon filled with most of our belongings, and I offered to go with him in case things fell out, so he could make better time. I was unaware that he had parked over a mile away. I got soaking wet, and I think that this is the point where I became susceptible to the bug I seem to have right now.

My throat is made of sandpaper, and my sinuses feel like they are stuffed with cotton. Every now and then I snerzle and produce a nasty bloody clump of evil from deep within my nasal passages. Yeah, I know - far from pleasant to read - try living it.

I started feeling like this yesterday morning and ended up leaving work around this time to go home. I slept most of the day, and then slept again at night. I'm hoping that throwing enough sleep and fluids at this thing will make it go away more quickly.

My supervisor is really cool. We chatted via email about my frequent illnesses, and he said that he doesn't need additional physician documentation, as long as I make up all the time. Can't go destroying goodwill like that, so Friday will be spent at work, making up all of the time.

0 Comments:


Post a Comment

<< Home